23.2.14

summer berries

I've been wanting to make my own photo background for quite a while now, and had I known how simple it was going to be I would have done it a long time ago. Thank you, Pinterest (you never cease to amaze me). I have a feeling it's going to be somewhat of an addiction of mine from now on. I did this project for $10 and it took me all of 10 minutes to complete. I also picked up a dark brown paint which I will use to color the other side of the boards. I can just imagine how much fun this is going to be...distressing the wood with different color combinations. (Yes, I am a DIY geek - these things really do excite me!) Besides that, I had such a good time with these shots. I always just loved the "rustic" feel of the deeper tones. And this background really made the strawberries pop quite nicely. It definitely has inspired me to start getting more creative with my photography. In the past I always felt limited but these add an entirely new world of possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment